SaKula Yoga Teacher Training
200-Hour Teacher Training
Sakula Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) is a 200-hour teacher training program that meets Yoga Alliance’s requirement and starts in mid to late September and ends early March.
This program is for anyone seeking to deepen their yoga practice in understanding the alignment of the poses for traditional and modifications, contraindications, benefits, teaching methodology, sequencing, philosophy, pranayama, meditation, and history of yoga. This foundation training introduces trainees to the Chakra system, Ayurveda, anatomy, physiology, hands-on-assist, and specialty classes – kids’ yoga, prenatal, partner yoga, chair- that can aid in teaching to others or strengthen your understanding of yoga.
- Applicant must be 18 years or older
- Applicant must have a consistent yoga practice with a teacher in a classroom setting is preferred (min. 6 months)
- Applicant is ready to open your heart to a deeper understanding of the philosophy and yoga practice.
- Meet with the Lead Trainer to review curriculum and expectations.
- Complete and submit a Sakula Yoga YTT application, payment plan, and include deposit
- If non-Sakula student, provide two references: personal and yoga reference
YTT student will complete:
- Class participation of designated YTT dates. (Make-up dates if necessary with limitations)
- Reading assignments, 3 homework assignments and final project
- Complete midterm and final
- 10 Sakula yoga practice classes
- 9 Observation/assists for Sakula mentoring with Sakula Teacher or Lead Trainer (1 required Sakula prenatal observation)
- Teach 60-minute master class to classmates and Sakula staff. This is your own unique Hatha style.
Upon completion, you will have
- Deeper yoga practice and knowledge of yoga in body-mind-spirit.
- Evaluation of practice teaching segments leading to 60-minute master class
- Tools to guide as an emerging yoga teacher
- 200-hour yoga certification
Students are required to purchase books prior to training (we suggest from Amazon.com)
- Bringing Yoga to Life: the everyday practice of enlightened living – by Donna Farhi
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain (Dec 2, 2007 edition)
- Any version of the Bhagavad Gita or
The Living Gita – Translation by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Secrets of Meditation – by Davidji (Aug 4, 2012 edition)
Your tuition includes the primary training manual, hand-outs, 10 class cards, and observation/assists (mentoring)
If you are interested in this program, please fill out the YTT application, $150 deposit, YTT, and payment schedule form by September 1. Check deposit payable to Sharon Hong at Sakula Yoga Studio address. This is to secure your spot.
Paid in full tuition is $3000.00 (Optional payment schedule is available. Please contact Sharon for the Payment Schedule Application)
Click to download the SaKula Yoga YTT Application
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding the payment form and payment options.
Meet the Trainer
About the Director and Lead trainer for Sakula Yoga Teacher training
Sharon Hong has been teaching at SaKula Yoga Studio since it opened in 2010. She received her 200-hour teaching training in 2006 and completed her advance studies 2015 in Asheville, NC. Sharon is always looking to improve her teaching and received her Vinyasa Certification in 2011 with Seane Corn and is a Relax and Renew Advanced Trainer with Judith Hanson Lasater. She also has other holistic energy background as Thai Yoga practitioner, Reiki III, and crystals. She recently completed over 3,000 hours of yoga teaching, advancing her to be qualified as a Yoga Alliance® Teacher Trainer E-RYT500. She also received grandparent C-IAYT in 2017. Sharon will bring her creative ability in teaching our next teacher training program, allowing the students to play, be aware of their energy while allowing them to be creative in their individuality, as well as learning the use of proper adjustments when necessary.
Teacher Training Dates and Times 2019 - 2020 - coming soon
Saturday and Sunday: 22 & 23 at 12:30pm-7pm
Tuesday: 25 at 7pm-9:30pm*
Saturday and Sunday : 13 & 14 at 12:30pm-7pm
Every Tuesday at 7pm-9:30pm*
Saturday and Sunday 3 & 4 at 12:30pm-7pm
Tuesday 6, 13 & 27 at 7pm-9:30pm*
Saturday and Sunday: 1, 2 & 16 at 12:30pm-7pm
Tuesday: 4, 11 & 18 at 7pm-9:30pm*
Saturday and Sunday: 5 & 6 at 12:30pm-7pm
Tuesday: 8, 15, 22 & 29 at 7pm-9:30pm*
Saturday and Sunday: 2, 3 & 17 at 12:30pm-7pm
Every Tuesday at 7pm-9:30pm*
Hold for Student teaching 60 minutes dates
Friday: 1 & 8 at 6:30 – 9:30pm*
Saturday: 2 & 9 at 12:30-3:30pm*
Sunday: 3 & 10 at 12:30-2:30pm*
Bold dates represent required training dates